I often fail to thank folks properly. I mean to do it but ... I wind up getting busy and then a week goes by and then a thank you seems false. Yet, I truly do appreciate it!
So it seems apt on Valentine's Day to thank the many people who have influenced, supported and helped me over the past year.
Aaron Bradley (@aaranged) at SEO Skeptic has consistently provided engaging dialog on my blog. I hope to return the favor. Aaron is a thought leader, willing to rely on his own critical analysis in looking at a subject.
Michael Martinez (@seo_theory) at SEO Theory isn't going to give you the same old SEO spiel found on hundreds of other blogs. Like Aaron Bradley, it's great to find free thinkers in an industry with plenty of sheep.
Matt Cutts (@mattcutts) is a decent and generous guy. He may not always provide the answer I want to hear, but he's nearly always there with an answer nonetheless.
Rick Bucich (@rbucich) has been a long time supporter of me and my blog. He's wicked smart about SEO, so it's a real compliment to have him in my corner.
Jeremy Post (@jeremypost) is the best colleague I've had since I began SEO. Smart, hard-working and an all around good guy. He keeps me on my toes. Bonus - he brews his own beer.
Lisa Barone (@LisaBarone) at Outspoken Media was kind enough to feature my Facebook SEO Guide in one of her posts. I'd be lying if it wasn't nice to be acknowledged by one of the 'cool crowd' in the industry.
Rand Fishkin (@randfish) is CEO and Co-Founder of SEOmoz. You'd have to live under a rock not to know of Rand. I don't know Rand personally, outside of a small email exchange, but his personal blog has been influential. I'm blogging more and better able to deal with haters because of his writings.
Kirby Freeman (@kirbyfreeman) is whip smart with a true gift for building product. She made me look good.
Michael Fruchter (@fruchter) has been a great supporter and another source for great content.
Micah France (@micah_france) has been generous with his comments and Tweets. They don't go unnoticed.
Eric Logan (@ericloganvanman) is nearly always the first person to Like one of my posts on FriendFeed. It just seems like he's got my back.
Roberto Bonini (@rbonini) is also quick to Like my content on FriendFeed. I appreciate it.
Louis Gray (@louisgray) introduces me to new and interesting services - constantly. He's perhaps the nicest guy you'll ever meet too.
Matt Gammie (@mattgammie) has been an interesting new and diverse voice. I appreciate the dialog.
Srikanth AD (@srikanth_AD) has been a great supporter, particularly on Quora.
Barry Schwartz (@rustybrick) has included me in a number of his daily search recaps. Thank you.
The music is playing so let me quickly squeeze in others who have written about me on blogs, mentioned me on Twitter or included me in their daily news.
- Offshore Ally (@offshoreally)
- Diana Zurdo (@dianazuru)
- Vincent Beneche (@crealoop)
- Fiona Friesen (@GlueEd)
- Kyle Pearce (@kaaist)
- Matt (@springboardseo)
- Antonella Piscitelli (@hawaikiki)
- Jonathan Leplang (@Web_Skills)
- Bogdan Oltean (@bogdanoltean)
- Jeroen Smeekens (@jsmeekens)
- Barry Adams (@badams)
- Woof Online (@woofonline)
- Eric Steiner (@commandervon)
- John S. Rizzo (@askrizzo)
- Martin Missfeldt (@mssfldt)
- Nick LeRoy (@SEONickLeRoy)
- Helen Stepchuk (@helenstepchuk)
- David Malmborg (@davidmalmborg)
- Marc Bitanga (@marcbitanga)
- Timothy Serrano (@TimothySerrano)
- Kissaki Cross Media (@Crossmedia_eu)
- Gil Reich (@GilR)
- Marcel Media (@marcelmedia)
- Anthony Young (@RexSFO)
- Julie Walraven (@JulieWalraven)
- Morten Brugard (@mbrugard)
- Peonia (@EnItaliano)
- Eric Bonnici (@AJ2000)
- Kathy Meyer (@2cre8)
- Julian Vega (@ingjulianvega)
- Darrin Keene (@urban_dk)
- Katie Fox (@BloomgFootprint)
- Matthew Simmons (@Mattinhenley)
- Ted Vinzani (@relevance)
- Craig Deakin (@craigdeakin)
- Joe Tertel (@jtertel)
- D. Godínez (@piernes)
- Brandon Chesnutt (@bchesnutt)
- Drew Harding (@drew_harding)
- Alex Bennert (@seosylph)
- Leah Baade (@leahbaade)
- Jonathan Schikowski (@schikowski)
- Top Notch SEO (@TopNotchSEO)
- Jey Pandian (@RainJaguarSEO)
- Khayyam Wakil (@iamkhayyam)
- The vBSEO Team (@vbseo)
- Juan Carlos Muriente (@muriente)
- Hannes Krueger (@seo_depp)
- John Welsh (@johnwelsh)
- Kelly Lenihan (@kellylenihan)
- Janet Fouts (@jfouts)
- Eric Itzkowitz (@ericitzkowitz)
- Filippo Scrocco (@Filippo_Scrocco)
- Jens Wedin (@jenswedin)
- Andrew Nattan (@Mr603)
- Tony Verre (@tonyverre)
- Chris Boggs (@boggles)
The number of folks who have been kind to me is overwhelming. I hope I continue to earn your comments and support. And I know I've left off a lot of people (particularly folks at FriendFeed). So thank you to those that I have unintentionally missed.
Happy Valentine's Day.